Friday, September 18, 2015

My Most Appreciated Project

About a year ago, I made this simple bench. I put it near the edge of the cliff by our beach house, overlooking the ocean.

Two old 2x6's, two log rounds, and a hand full of framing nails. I found the wood beside the garage. It took longer to carry the wood out there than it did to build it. No skill required.


Every day that I've been at the house, I've seen people out sitting on the bench. Usually a number of different people use it. Someone is almost always on it at sunset.

The neighbors all figured out I put it out there. A number of them have come by to say thanks, and that they really appreciate having it there. In 30 years of woodworking, I've never had anything that was this appreciated and used by so many people.


I realized it's not about what I made. The bench gets forgotten when looking at the ocean or a sunset.My greatest work doesn't show my skill, it provides a place to for people to sit and see God's skill.

I like that very much.




2 comments:

  1. Blessings to you and your family for your generous hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete